Friday, May 28, 2010

Lost Wax Casting

Lost Wax Casting


Lost Wax Casting

Posted: 28 Oct 2008 08:23 AM PDT

This is a brief outline of my lost wax casting technique. There are several ways to cast, this is just the way I do it as a one woman show! You can view a lot of my finished work at http://bcyrjewelry.etsy.com To see more tips, techniques and musings check out my blog - http://bcyrjewelry.blogs...
By: bcyrjewelry

Continue Reading »

Press Aluminum Cans into Ceiling and Wall Tiles

Posted: 13 Apr 2009 11:08 PM PDT

This is an experimental project that uses aluminum cans to make decorative metal tiles for ceilings or walls by cutting open the cans into flat rectangles and using a die stamp to form them. This is similar to my beer can roof project except the die making is more complex here. First make a ti...
By: robbtoberfest

Continue Reading »

How to Build Up a Bike

Posted: 30 Sep 2006 10:02 PM PDT

This is a guide to building up a bike from parts. It should help you get the parts and tools you need to get you pedalling along in no time. It assumes that you have tinkered with your bike, but are not an expert. Hope it helps! -Joe Parts Here is a list of parts you'll need: Frame Fork ...
By: joe

Continue Reading »

Simple Paracord Ring

Posted: 27 May 2010 05:42 PM PDT

If you are anything like me, you love to make things out of Paracord, but hate to waist anything. This simple (if overly worked) Instructable (my first) should show you how you can use those annoying bits or Paracord that are often left at the end of making just about anything, but are to short to...
By: clintonmc

Continue Reading »

Homemade Diddley Bow Electric Slide Guitar (a la Jack White)

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 10:11 AM PDT

This is possibly the cheapest and easiest guitar you could ever hope to make. There are some similar guitars in other tutorials, but in my opinion this trumps them for ghetto factor. If you have seen the film "It Might Get Loud", or at least the trailer, you will be familiar with this. Jack White ro...
By: CaptainWow

Continue Reading »

down and dirty screenprinting for under 10$

Posted: 26 Feb 2009 03:27 AM PST

As a seasoned printer, friends and acquaintances consistently ask me if i can print shirts, cards, etc. for them. Usually, however, they only need a few things printed at a time, and it doesn't really justify the time/cost of doing it the "right way." I conceived this method of printing so it cou...
By: woodenshoespress

Continue Reading »

Ghostbusters Proton Pack

Posted: 02 Nov 2008 10:44 AM PST

This is a semi step-by-step guide of how my girlfriend Jess and I built our Ghostbusters proton packs for Halloween 2008! We ended up spending just under a month and just over $200 on each pack. Not including random tools here and there that we needed. No expensive lightboards or sound packs here...
By: ZombieDUG

Continue Reading »

Star Wars AT-AT Imperial Walker Loft Bed

Posted: 23 Jul 2009 06:21 PM PDT

This is a loft bed I made for my son that resembles an AT-AT Imperial Walker. I searched the Internet and found scale models, cakes, legos, baby strollers and costumes resembling an AT-AT, but never found a bed that resembled an AT-AT. So I made one. Since it is made from materials readily av...
By: BykManDan

Continue Reading »

Becoming Ron Burgundy (Anchorman) w/Covert Microphone Flask

Posted: 28 May 2010 02:49 PM PDT

I. Love. Anchorman. Ever since the movie came out on my birthday in 2004, I have wanted to become Ron Burgundy for Halloween. I gave up on this dream because I lacked the most noticeable piece of his persona - the burgundy blazer........until 2009 when the seas parted and there it s...
By: TLMATX

Continue Reading »

Assembling a Quilt

Posted: 28 May 2010 12:13 PM PDT

This is my technique for layering a finished quilt. I found that trying to get all the layers to lie flat for pinning and/or basting was difficult.  I've made many quilts and have found this to be the best technique for keeping all the layers flat and taut for machine or hand quilting. Lay Out Ba...
By: eyevea

Continue Reading »

From Scratch Recipes

Posted: 27 May 2010 10:55 PM PDT

The Instructables crowd is good at many things. Not least among them is foodie antics. In the best of times making recipes and ingredients from scratch can result in tasty treats that are far more fresh, better for you and better tasting than anything you can buy in a store. In our current economic ...
By: Culturespy

Continue Reading »

Infrared Proximity Sensing Coffee Table Module & Color Changing Glowing Faucet

Posted: 26 May 2010 06:42 PM PDT

This video can be found on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5n0rw8wo14 Check out the other one, and some other of my videos This is merely an instructable to explain how this device operates. I hope everything is not too obfuscated. This prototype consists of thre...
By: grahmaustin

Continue Reading »

No comments:

Post a Comment