Friday, June 18, 2010

Homemade instant oatmeal

Homemade instant oatmeal


Homemade instant oatmeal

Posted: 06 Dec 2006 09:01 PM PST

Instant oatmeal is great for a quick breakfast at the office. Not only is it easy to make your own, the homemade version is more filling and less expensive (LESS EXPENSIVE! MORE FILLING! *ahem*) than the store bought stuff, and you can make it without all the sugar and preservatives. Update : This...
By: selan

Continue Reading »

Dragon Scales

Posted: 23 Nov 2006 10:58 PM PST

I was inspired by this artist's bottle cap fish to create my own bottle cap dragon. 540 beer bottle caps (170 Amber Bock, 206 Killians, 68 Budweiser Select, 96 Budweiser) make up this 41 x 43 inch piece. Planning I took some time to draw out the design in my notebook and to measure the size ...
By: skeplin

Continue Reading »

How to Cast On

Posted: 15 Nov 2006 11:23 AM PST

There are some things I constantly find myself going back to my knitting books for a refresher on, and casting on is one of them. I’ve built it into my muscle memory now, but for years I’d need to consult some reference or another to remind me how to start every new project. If you’re anything li...
By: BrianSawyer

Continue Reading »

Pan-fried Salmon

Posted: 11 Oct 2006 04:18 PM PDT

Easy salmon fillets in less than 10 minutes. Prep pan Preheat a non-stick pan, spray it with canola oil, and add the spices of your choice. This layer of spice will adhere to the underside of your fish, avoiding the messy procedure of seasoning on the counter. I used fresh ground black pepper...
By: canida

Continue Reading »

KidWash: PVC Sprinkler Water Toy

Posted: 18 Aug 2006 01:25 AM PDT

Make a fun summer sprinkler toy from PVC to help the kids beat the heat. total cost: $9.51 total time: about 1 hour Go shopping Head to your local hardware store and pick up: 2 ten foot lengths of PVC. (I used 3/4" but feel free to use other sizes, just be sure your fittings are the ...
By: discontinuity

Continue Reading »

Origami Post-it box

Posted: 28 May 2006 12:53 PM PDT

This is a tidy little box that is cool yet useful. It's also a great way to recycle all of your used sticky notes at work. Just make sure the boss isn't watching. You will need: Square sticky notes Scissors a pen your hands Peel off a sticky note with the sticky part up. Fold from...
By: luckymonkeygarage

Continue Reading »

Memphis Styled BBQ Brisket

Posted: 17 Dec 2005 06:13 PM PST

This holiday season to add to my gifts of the Larouex Sauces, I do a big batch of smoked brisket (dry rubbed, Memphis style), vacuum pack it and provide the instructions for re-heating. Ahh, it is absolute perfection. My approach to making this is designed to be replicated easily by any home coo...
By: LarouexBBKing

Continue Reading »

Cheap USB Simultaneous Multitrack Recording

Posted: 18 Jun 2010 02:07 PM PDT

want to record simultaneous tracks without an expensive pa system or beastly sound card?  i did.  i'll show you how with some cheap usb soundcards.  i got tired of having to record one track and then another and then another when i could really do it all in one take, with much better results.  i ...
By: hoonflap

Continue Reading »

Jitter Drive

Posted: 18 Jun 2010 02:28 PM PDT

Have you ever played with those little hex bugs from Radio Shack? Well now you can make your zip drive into one. If your bored just take out you JItter Drive and let it loose. It's easy and fast to do, and best of all it still works as a data storage device. Materials For this project you need: ...
By: robot19

Continue Reading »

Plastic Wrap Sculptures!

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 11:26 PM PDT

Sculptures made of plastic wrap and packing tape, how odd... As I'm sure some of you, maybe many of you, have not seen a plastic wrap sculpture before, I will show you some pictures first. Materials This project uses only a few cheap materials (depending on where you get them)... Plastic wr...
By: TheJehosephat

Continue Reading »

The Prism: A Laser Synth-Guitar

Posted: 12 Jul 2009 09:37 PM PDT

The Prism is, quite simply, the best laser guitar on the Internet. At least I think so. I hope that you take these instructions and not only make your own, but improve on my design! I suppose I should clarify what the Prism is: It's a bit like a guitar with some synthesizer mashed in. It has a...
By: jeff-o

Continue Reading »

How to Make AC Powered "Batteries" for your DC Powered Devices

Posted: 18 Jun 2010 08:37 AM PDT

I made this copier recently, based on a digital camera and a stand. I dig it. I also made a few modifications, one of which I show in this instructable. The digital camera I use runs on 2,000 AA batteries, though it uses only 2 at the time. But it eats through these things. It laughed at recharge...
By: lspcrash

Continue Reading »

Rebuild A Carbide Lamp

Posted: 16 Jun 2010 10:54 PM PDT

Carbide lamps have been around since the late 1800's and are still lighting the way in many mines and caves across the world to this day. While the introduction of LED's is changing the scene these wonderful old lamps are still functional, practical and useful. (This isn't a polish them up and make ...
By: Culturespy

Continue Reading »

Reclaimed Wood Table

Posted: 19 Oct 2008 04:21 PM PDT

After using a cheap plastic card table as my only table for nearly two years I decided it was time for a change. I had seen some large wooden tables that I liked and figured that I could make one myself. I also used reclaimed wood to make this table so it's a bit cooler looking (and environmentally ...
By: drocko

Continue Reading »

Cheap Art!

Posted: 18 Jun 2010 07:06 AM PDT

Everyone at some time or another has looked around at the bare walls of a new apartment, office, room or entire house and thought, "Wow, this place needs some art!" You might also think you can't decorate those walls on a budget except this guide will show you how to do just that! Here is a colle...
By: Culturespy

Continue Reading »

Build a plant box from an old Futon base

Posted: 17 Jun 2010 07:37 PM PDT

Hi again, This is not a new idea, there's tens of similar instructables. I guess you could find new ideas from reading mine or maybe you'll simply have the same materials laying around as I did. Ok.... I love growing tomatoes but I am limited by the space on my balcony. I decided to build a la...
By: logikly

Continue Reading »

Computer control of AC devices

Posted: 17 Jun 2010 07:01 PM PDT

If you have ever wanted to control electronic devices from your computer to control or regulate your environment, this instructable will guide you. In this example of computer control, a USB relay device (USBmicro http://www.usbmicro.com - U451) will control two 60 watt light bulbs from a PC pro...
By: indestructable

Continue Reading »

No comments:

Post a Comment