Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Magnetic Spice Rack

Magnetic Spice Rack


Magnetic Spice Rack

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 08:27 PM PST

I love to cook and, as such, I have a huge collection of spices.  About a year ago I got tired of having to dig through my pile of spice jars to find the one I was looking for, so I decided to change it up.  Pulling some inspiration from Alton Brown and some commercial products that I'd seen I settl...
By: ShadowedOne

Continue Reading »

String Pendant Lamp

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 03:47 PM PST

Make a designer quality string pendant lamp on your own with just some crochet thread, a balloon, and fabric stiffener.  It makes a little bit of a mess, takes about a day to dry, but it looks really cool, is infinitely cheaper than buying one from Design Within Reach, and is the hot new DIY lamp cr...
By: noahw

Continue Reading »

Puppet theater from broken monitor!

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 09:21 AM PST

  Welcome to my first Instructable!!!! I'm entering it into the Dead Computer Contest, so please vote for me!! :) My goal for this project was to use as much found or discarded items in the build as I could, almost all the parts were salvaged from the dumpster at my work. No animals were harm...
By: hughscott5

Continue Reading »

Simple Shearling Boots

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 11:28 AM PST

Toasty warm and super comfy genuine shearling boots can be yours in a few relaxing hours. Shearling is sheep leather tanned with the wool still attached.  It's super warm and soft, hence often used to line shoes and garments.  It's also easy to sew up with a simple, inexpensive, easy to find tool c...
By: niftycurly

Continue Reading »

3L Bottle Piggy Bank

Posted: 31 Jan 2009 02:28 PM PST

This instructable will show you how to make a cute lil piggy bank from used soda bottles. Use it for yourself or give it as a gift. What you need.... ~ 2 or 3 liter EMPTY soda bottle (I'm using 3ltr for this ible)~ 4 20oz soda bottles or water bottles whichever~ pink paint (or red and white if...
By: sassygeckko

Continue Reading »

Teacher Appreciation Gift Sure to Please!

Posted: 19 Apr 2009 12:53 PM PDT

In this instructable, I will show you how to make a cheap and easy gift to celebrate a special teacher in your life. Guaranteed not to be something they've received before, and pretty much free, depending on how many extra little details you put into it. I hope none of my coworkers are reading t...
By: nerdnurture

Continue Reading »

DVD/CD giftbox

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 07:29 AM PDT

Here's a tutorial on how to make your own giftbox for DVDs or CDs. This box fits around 15 discs. You will need: some cardstock (scrapbook 30,5x30,5cm) I used 3 different colours.patterned paper scissorspencilgood gluerulerbonefolder (or similar)ribbondecorations (optional)(The card on the left ...
By: kamadesign

Continue Reading »

Sand Fire Garden

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 10:53 AM PST

So many people have hung out with the warmth and played in the sand of my wonderful Fire Gardens have asked me how they could make one of their own. This instructable will walk you though the basics of building your very own Zen Fire Garden. I’ve taken the guess work out of all the fittings and siz...
By: jonsarriugarte

Continue Reading »

[slideshow] Hornz the Rhinoceros

Posted: 20 Feb 2010 04:22 PM PST

I've been in the mood to craft a bit. I sketched out some animals the other day and have been quickly bringing them to life via fleece and buttons. This is "Hornz" the rhinoceros. Check out www.instructables.com/id/Lethar-the-Sloth/ too! And www.instructables.com/id/Tung-the-Giraffe/ !
By: BeanGolem

Continue Reading »

Music LED Light Box

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 03:58 PM PST

My original LED light cube got allot of reactions. Some of them where about making the LED's react to music. This did sound very interesting and I found some instructables on here. Unfortunately I found it very hard to understand those instructables. In my opinion they weren't explained well e...
By: motadacruz

Continue Reading »

Music Playing Felt Creature

Posted: 04 Oct 2009 06:21 PM PDT

Do you have any musical cards that are just begging to be used in a project? Here's a solution to your problem which I'm sure kept you up at night worrying. A cute felt hack that, when it's tongue is pulled, plays a song. This easy built will require no more than a hour's work. Materials The ma...
By: afw11

Continue Reading »

Use a Bubble-Mailer for a Netbook or Laptop Sleeve

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 09:02 AM PST

I needed a laptop sleeve for my iBook, but didn’t feel like waiting days for a glorified computer glove. Using a bubble-mailer is a cheap replacement if you plan on carrying your laptop in a schoolbag. Gather Materials The bubble mailer itself is a sufficient sleeve for the duties of a backpack. ...
By: Stan100

Continue Reading »

IDE Bookmarks! New life for old cables!

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 12:46 PM PST

New technologies are good things, especially ones such as SATA that give us simple cabling, lightning-fast data transfer rates, and new toys to buy. There is, however, another, more unfortunate side to progress. That side is discarded technology. Many times, a SATA upgrade happens because an I...
By: happy_mac

Continue Reading »

No comments:

Post a Comment