Thursday, June 3, 2010

WARNING: House-On-the-Go May Induce Nausea

WARNING: House-On-the-Go May Induce Nausea


WARNING: House-On-the-Go May Induce Nausea

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 06:00 AM PDT

WARNING: House-On-the-Go May Induce Nausea Experimental house, "Roll It", is a collaborative project within Germany's University of Karlsruhe. The basic concept is as follows: using a cylindrical design to maximize space within a minimum housing unit. Not sure how "space efficient" this would actually be, but using it as transport could be fun (until the nausea inevitably sets in).

Via Arch Daily:

"Structurally, the prototype includes an ...more

> Continue Reading >

Related:

HowTo: Old DVD Drive + Yankee Ingenuity= Ghetto iPod Dock

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 03:00 AM PDT

HowTo: Old DVD Drive + Yankee Ingenuity= Ghetto iPod Dock Sometimes ghetto is the way to go. Yankee ingenuity is always the way to go (at least on WonderHowTo, that is).

Says creator Tim Schiesser, "I noticed recently that my DVD drive wasn't getting much love, but my iPod Nano was getting loads of use and needs charging all the time. An idea came to me suddenly one day that I should put the two together and make a simple dock for my iPod from my DVD dr ...more

> Continue Reading >

Related:

HowTo: Brew Your Own Bathtub Gin (Well, Sorta)

Posted: 02 Jun 2010 03:00 PM PDT

HowTo: Brew Your Own Bathtub Gin (Well, Sorta) Here's another slightly under-the-table D.I.Y. project for you (though much less gritty than today's earlier example).

Not Martha demonstrates how to make your own sorta-gin:

"I made gin! Well, sort of. I infused vodka in the hopes of making gin. I used the recipe I found at Newcity Restro by way of Cinnamon. I think this recipe was originally from the book The Modern Mixologist by Tony Abou-Gan ...more

> Continue Reading >

Related:

French Imbécile Rollerblades Down Eiffel Tower

Posted: 02 Jun 2010 12:00 PM PDT

French Imbécile Rollerblades Down Eiffel Tower Daring or just plain stupid?

French X-game medalist Taig Khris sets a new world record, jumping from the first floor of the Eiffel Tower. The rollerblader dove from a height of 131ft onto a massive quarter pipe ramp. There is some controversy over his newly earned title, however.

"Khris made two attempts at the jump, and was successful on the second one. He went into a freefall from the first fl ...more

> Continue Reading >

Related:

West African Boogie Monsters

Posted: 02 Jun 2010 09:00 AM PDT

West African Boogie Monsters Here's a little inspiration for the aspiring fashion designers out there. Having majored in textile design (printing and weaving), I am totally stunned by these West African ritual garments.

Just beautiful (I especially like the slight bogeyman vibe).

I don't know about you, but I suddenly find myself interested in picking up knitting.

"Large-scale color photographs from 2005 to 2006 reflect th ...more

> Continue Reading >

Related:

Sony Playstation of Pain Administers Prison Tattoos

Posted: 02 Jun 2010 06:00 AM PDT

Sony Playstation of Pain Administers Prison Tattoos A British prisoner was recently caught with a tattoo gun rigged from a Sony Playstation. The crafty D.I.Y.er broke down the Playstation and attached the console motor to a finely sharpened ballpoint pen.

The Sun reports:

"A source said: 'It was a truly bizarre piece of DIY, up there with some of the most extraordinary finds staff have made. When it was switched on it would move up and down like ...more

> Continue Reading >

Related:

No comments:

Post a Comment